Exploring Immersive Experiences and Escape Rooms
Podcast Show Notes
In this episode of the Cliff Notes Podcast, we delve into the world of live interactive experiences, building switches and enclosures with Clockwork Dog, a company known for its innovative products that enhance live shows, escape rooms and interactive art projects. Most of all they are a UK based SME manufacturing company making connected devices and control software. Join us as we uncover the insights and perspectives shared during this engaging conversation.
Eyal Danon an accomplished project manager specialising in experiential events, with a background in directing for theatre. Currently a Director at Clockwork Dog. Managing both the production of an event as well as the client services side, managing expectations and developing the creative content.
With backgrounds in Theatre, Film and Software Clockwork Dog started off designing and building our own escape rooms and interactive experiences on the premise of constantly pushing the barriers of what was possible. We've made it our mission to help the industry at large and to advance the practice of delivering live interactive experiences by offering innovative, reliable and accessible tools for producers, creatives and technicians.
The Cliff Notes on small parts in Live Interactive Experiences
- What is a live interactive experience?
- What sort of PLC are you using?
- How many switches can you connect to each?
- How many 100 at a time are you building the enclosures?
- Do you manufacture in the UK?
- How many have you in stock?
- Whats a digital master?
- How do you use black PCBs?
- Which compliance checks have you followed?
- How possible is it to make a product, with supply line issues?
- How have changes forced improvement in the products?
- What advice would you give to SME?
- Do you use the hardware too?
- Whats on the horizon?
- Do you have a book you would you recommend?
As the conversation comes to a close, we reflect on the valuable insights shared by Clockwork Dog regarding the ever-evolving landscape of immersive experiences, the role of technology in enhancing live shows, and the importance of continuous innovation in business and for the entertainment industry.
- Clockwork Dog Website: https://clockwork.dog
- cogs.show: Explore Clockwork Dog's interactive platform and products.
- "The Goal: A Process of Ongoing Improvement" by Eliyahu M. Goldratt: A book that provides insights into the theory of constraints and process improvement.
- Also I always like to hear, what you are building? @cliffnotespod
- Escape Rooms recommend Brighton's Bewilder Box and Pier Pressure and in London Escape Plan or the Saw Immersive Experience.
Host: Tristan Bailey
Music: Drinks On The Bar - Dougie Wood
If you or a friend would be a good guest with a story about People, Process or Technology that moved them forward, then book a quick call on the website.
Please leave a review where you listened to the show, or on the bottom of the show web page, above.
Follow the show on Twitter https://twitter.com/cliffnotespod
Subscribe to the show to keep listening or by email, form on the website.
Ways to support the show
Donation: Buy me a Coffee, next time we meet, or share this episode with one friend.
Business: If you would like to work with my company Holdingbay, we would love to support you on your digital website journey. https://holdingbay.co.uk
Advertisers, Sponsors & Affiliates: Contact us for rates of show, if you are a good fit.
A quick thank you for listening, always appreciate you, where ever you listen.
Do you know someone who would make a good guest?
Send me your recommendation, recording is on a 4-6 weeks schedule so can book around their schedule.