Discover how Wardley Mapping can transform your business strategy, setting you on the path to success in an ever-evolving marketplace
Podcast Show Notes
Imagine having a strategic tool at your disposal that can help your business adapt, evolve, and make informed decisions. In this podcast interview, we unravel the power of Wardley Mapping with the expert guide, Ben Mosior. The burning question we seek to answer: How can Wardley Mapping revolutionise your business strategy?
Discover how Wardley Mapping can transform your business strategy, setting you on the path to success in an ever-evolving marketplace, on this podcast with Ben Mosior.
Our guest, Ben Mosior, is a Principal at Hired Thought and a recognised authority in the field of Wardley Mapping. With a wealth of experience in strategic thinking and a passion for helping an organisation thrive, Ben is the perfect person to take us on this practical journey.
During our conversation, Ben elaborates on the practical practice of Wardley Mapping. This technique merges visual representation and strategic thinking, allowing companies to map their value chains, understand the evolution of various components, to make well-informed decisions. We explore its applications across diverse business contexts.
Learn from the Cliff Notes on value chain mapping
- 03.00 What is possible in flow?
- 05:50 What can you map?
- 10:30 How do we understand the value or future value of Mapping?
- 10:57 Break down what the four stages look like, please?
- 11:38 Looking at industry specific ...
- 13:55 If additive started in stage 2 (Custom Built), where might it be going?
- 15:56 The Punch Escrow by Tal M Kline
- 16:09 Would we move towards or away from the initial map?
- 16:48 Maps all experiments - play out what if all the things were in stage 4 (Commodity), what would now be possible in stage 2 (Custom Built)?
- 20:27 Mapped outliers, can lead to the next present day, for everyone
- 24:29 How do you see language and learning evolve?
- Super-power reads: Delve deeper into the subject of mapping and thinking.
We need Wardley Mapping to navigate the complexities of modern business. From deciding whether to build, buy, or outsource components, to choosing the right methodologies for different contexts, Wardley Mapping provides a crucial strategic compass.
The challenges that come with Wardley Mapping, such as maintaining consistent language and keeping up with evolving concepts. Ben emphasises the importance of a continuous learning.
Ben's work is not just about mapping, it's about empowering businesses to shape their future. He's a strategic thinker, an educator, and a practitioner who helps companies cut through the fog of uncertainty to make sound, future-proof decisions.
- Founder at Hired Thought
- Runs Learn Wardley Mapping LWM
- Strategy for the Self-Taught 90 seconds starter video
- The Easiest Way to Do Wardley Mapping (A Tutorial video)
- Free online book Wardley Mapping, Simon Wardley (Creative Commons, read online) Or can buy for offline reading
- And I always want to hear what helps? @cliffnotespod
Host: Tristan Bailey Music: Drinks On The Bar - Dougie Wood
If you or a friend would be a good guest with a story about People, Process or Technology that moved them forward, then book a quick call on the website.
Please leave a review where you listened to the show, or on the bottom of the show web page, above.
Follow the show on Twitter https://twitter.com/cliffnotespod
Subscribe to the show to keep listening or by email, form on the website.
Ways to support the show
Donation: Buy me a Coffee, next time we meet, or share this episode with one friend.
Business: If you would like to work with my company Holdingbay, we would love to support you on your digital website journey. https://holdingbay.co.uk
Advertisers, Sponsors & Affiliates: Contact us for rates of show, if you are a good fit.
A quick thank you for listening, always appreciate you, where ever you listen.
Do you know someone who would make a good guest?
Send me your recommendation, recording is on a 4-6 weeks schedule so can book around their schedule.