Proud UK manufacturer & supplier of workwear, on re-branding and growth.
Podcast Show Notes
Take 25minutes to join James Worthington, MD of MyWorkwear on this podcast. Championing UK Manufacturing & Engineering expanding capacity. Helping businesses take pride in their branded workwear & uniforms (including a new look for themselves in 2020).
As a passionate supporter of the UK’s Manufacturing & Engineering sector, strongly believe that together, we can share the very best in news, views & everything positive about the industry. With this in mind, He is an active member of FactoryNow, MAKE UK, Made In The Midlands, Training Manufacturing Group & UKMfgUnite.
Through my business, James support a number of STEM initiatives including Formula 1 in Schools For Shropshire and a proud sponsors of the University Of Wolverhampton race team.
Learn from the Cliff Notes on Workwear
- Shut for three and half weeks, but things have turned out positive for orders, with local shops closed when we reopened
- We saw an increase in inquires and drop ship medical supplies to our customers.
- Then what normally 5% in small orders started to grow, as small businesses were ordering from home
- Almost doubled the work force to cope with demand
- A really big job to do the re-brand, a and get fantastic feedback from all our customers
- Some businesses when the economy hits a recession will cut back on marketing expense and I think that is wrong
- We have taking the opportunity to invest in the new logo and drop the little man
- Invested in more capacity, by about 38%
- Mainly embroidery also some vinyl prints and heat transfers
- We are going to put Europe expansion on the back burner with Brexit situation this year
- We run JIT, we are seeing a slowdown when factories that supply us are having to close and then reopen
- On track for 35% year growth for now and do great in the UK
- Can not wait to get out to shows, as people buy from people
- SUPER POWER: Change the outlook of the general press to be more upbeat about UK Manufacturing, as I see so many success stories.
MyWorkwear support manufacturing growth in large and small companies during pandemic. James Worthington even invested time to re-brand while doubling staff for the rush on PPE and branded work clothing. Based in Telford, serving the whole of the United Kingdom.
- Get your own branded work clothing to improving your business with MyWorkwear
- Tweet with @myworkwearco
- Talk to James on LinkedIn
- And I always like when you share your thoughts @cliffnotespod
Do you know someone who would make a good guest?
Send me your recommendation, recording is on a 4-6 weeks schedule so can book around their schedule.